Tuesday, April 04, 2006

An Urgent Email I Just Received

Readers, advise me! I just received this heart-breaking email and I want your opinion on what I should do. Grab yourself a box of Kleenex and read the following:


Greetings to you,

As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because, I believe everyone will pass on someday everyone eventually has appointment with death. My name is Abdul Razak Kaseem a merchant in Dubai, in the United Arab Emirate (U.A.E).

I have been diagnosed with esophageal cancer. It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and right now I have only about a few months to live, according to medical experts (I am in a private ward in a private hospital her e in the United Kingdom). I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone (not even myself) but my business.Though I am very rich, I was never generous, I was always hostile to people and only focused on my business as that was the only thing I cared for.

But now I regret all this as I now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world. I believe when God gives me a second chance to come to this world I would live my life a different way from how I have lived it. I have willed and given most of my property and assets to my immediate and extended family members as well as a few close friends. I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul so, I have decided to give also to charity organizations,as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations in the U.A.E, Algeria and Malaysia. Now that my health ha s deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself anymore.

I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts and distribute the money which I have there to charity organization in Bulgaria and Pakistan; they refused and kept the money to themselves. Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contented with what I have left for them. The last of my money which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit of $18 Million Dollars that I have with a Security Company abroad. I will want you to help me collect/receive this deposit and dispatched it to charity organizations.

I'll be awaiting your quick response.

For your time and honesty, I have set aside 10% for you.


Wassallam.

Abdul Razak Kaseem.




See? His condition has literally “defiled all forms of medical treatment!” Should I assist him in his mission of personal redemption and mercy (and collect my 10%)? All comments appreciated.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you crazy or just stupid these types of letters has been floating around forever. It's just worded differently. This is a con! Do not believe the hype.

11:21 AM  
Blogger fakies said...

I think you should respond immediately. After all, 10% is quite a large sum, and you would doing such a good deed for this gentleman. You being so trustworthy and honest, who would be better for the task than you?

1:41 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

I guess everyone caught on to the Nigerian email scam......;)

1:54 PM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

"Are you crazy or just stupid these types of letters has been floating around forever. It's just worded differently. This is a con! Do not believe the hype."

What? It's a con? Oh, come on! The man is dying! I'd be crazy or stupid or just plain evil not to help the poor guy out!

And get my 10%.


"You being so trustworthy and honest, who would be better for the task than you?"

Lucky for him he contacted me.


"I guess everyone caught on to the Nigerian email scam......;)"

You mean those nice fellows I gave my bank information to? Isn't "scam' too strong a word?

2:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

Anonymous is right. This is a blatent con. The email I got from my cousin in Uganda who wants to share the family fortune with me, however, is completely on the level.

Man, there's so much to learn on the interent. I didn't even know I had family in Uganda, let alone that they're millionaires.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I had something like that similar happen to me, or maybe not. It entails receiving a cashiers check that you deposit and it clears, so you write a check for the difference to the charity organization, then days later you find out that the cashiers check was no good, even though the tracking number checked out originally. And you are on the hook.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Anonymous don't understand sarcasm, do he?

4:37 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Jump in with both feet! These types of opportunities don't come around every day.

Man... I wish I could get adopted by some wealthy cancer patient...

5:21 PM  
Blogger Tony Gasbarro said...

If I were a lawyer I would tell you to set yourself up in receivership of the money, and when you have it safely in your control, move with great haste on your feet for as many days and as many miles as you can!

OH! And if you send any e-mail back to that guy in the next ten days, the Microsoft beta test program will award you $10,000.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I just started receiving the Nigerian scam letters which made me sad since I know they've been around forever!!!

I'm late, as always, but I can't imagine why you wouldn't help this poor fellow out. He's just trying to buy his way into heaven.

7:26 AM  
Blogger b o o said...

this is your lucky day :)

vw: frenlysux (coincidence? i think not)

4:21 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

I think it would be selfish not to help him out. God will reward you handsomely... really.

BTW- can I borrow 20 bucks?

3:41 PM  
Blogger John said...

So it's nearly June. This guy's probably dead now. I guess you missed your chance.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home