Saturday, December 02, 2006

Not Dead Yet

For those fearing for the health of your old pal Schprockie and wondering if the Grim Reaper has paid the dear old fellow a visit, I am as robust as ever. My overlong silence has not been due to injury or death, but rather because of a severe shortage of time. So many things have converged upon me at once that, in order to meet all the demands, harsh measures were called for. When there is a battle at sea, and a frigate finds itself obliged to speed away from a man o’ war, having first spread all its canvas and still seeing itself in danger of being overtaken, it is the wise captain who lightens his ship by pitching things overboard. Sometimes the heaviest items are of the most value; however, in the last extremity, they can only be burdens. First the cannons are heaved into the sea, which surely pains the captain; then the barrels of grog go next, doubtlessly grieving the crew; but if, in the end, the frigate can make its escape and live to fight another day, then the jettisoning of such valuables is justified. So, in this way, like a dutiful captain, I found myself compelled to toss my blog into the drink.

Things are still very busy for me and I can neither promise regular posts nor regular visits to the blogs of those who favor me with their kind attention. I suppose if there ever was a natural time to end a blog, this would be it, but I have hopes that my life won’t continue to be so nutty, and I can once again abuse the English language in such a painful and public way.

16 Comments:

Blogger Shatterfist said...

Alleliua! Schprock lives!

11:51 AM  
Blogger tiff said...

No blog abandoning will be allowed. I'll just have to figure out how to RSS you or something, and hope you see you back here more regularly, soon.

1:28 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Fight the good fight my man! Just remember, your fans are many, your critics few (and stoopid).

3:27 PM  
Blogger briliantdonkey said...

well, it is good to see that everything is at least okay with you. Look forward to when you have more time on your hands.


BD

7:29 PM  
Blogger Tony Gasbarro said...

Yay! I can't say whether I'm more happy to see new words tapped out from your tappity little fingers, or simply to see that blasted test pattern gone!

Welcome back...sorta....

8:15 PM  
Blogger That dude Paul said...

Steady as she goes Mr. Schprock. Hopefully father time will eventually smile upon you once again..
Peace

7:26 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

You just made my whole day ... no, no, make that ... my whole week!

I'm SO glad to see you posting again!

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that free time is precious, Mr. Schprock. Do what you have to do! We'll be thinking of you.

11:46 AM  
Blogger fakies said...

He LIIIVVEEESS! See, LL? I told you the mob didn't fit him for concrete shoes!

I feel for ya on the no time thing. Who keeps adding this chaos to our lives? Very unkind. Just come see us when you can. We'll be waiting!

12:16 PM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

I can be patient. (Mental and otherwise.) :)

2:35 PM  
Blogger LL said...

"See, LL? I told you the mob didn't fit him for concrete shoes!"

I have no idea what you're talking about... *whistles innocently*

9:49 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

You have been sorely missed, Schprockie. I was getting ready to e-mail you to see if you were okay. Please don't ditch us yet...we can be patient, I promise.

5:10 AM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Hi Schprock! Trinamick sent me. :-)

7:10 PM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Wow. He's back only to say goodbye. Not nice, not nice.
This little entry still leaves me unsure: will he stay or will he go?

1:19 AM  
Blogger Flash said...

Welcome back, and take your time with the work load. No need to stress yourself out this time of year. I'm sure you have enough of that already!

Welcome back.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Don't toss it into the drink, even if you do stop posting. Please copy it all into a book on Lulu.com and sell it to us Schprock-starved bastards. I'd buy, at any rate.

But I hear you, truly. I am a stranger to my own public, as well. At least we HAVE a public :-)

-Erica

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home