Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Love Boat

A month ago the family and I joined two other families on a Caribbean cruise. I had never been on a cruise before (although I’ve read about them and, of course, watched The Love Boat when I was a mere child), but have always wanted to experience what it’s like. Well, it was loads of fun and I ate too much food! The kids had a ball and the older folks had a great time as well. Here’s a few pics:


The missus and I on Deck 4.


Here we are in our tiny stateroom that managed to house the four of us comfortably.


The three daddies on New Years Eve.


Mr. and Mrs. Schprock on New Years Eve.


Daughter Number 1 looking slightly demented.


Daughter Number 2 looking quite demented.


The Schprock family in front of the Atlantis Hotel in Nassau.


DN1 and DN2.


DN1 with some Latin singer heartthrob I never heard of before.


The missus and DN1 in Key West.

7 Comments:

Blogger fakies said...

Great pics. I am officially jealous. Lovin' the Ramones shirt too. What happened to the mohawk?

1:11 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Get outta my head!

I too was going to point out your fatherly failings in the mohawk department, but alas...

Looks like you had a barrel o' fun, and here I thought you were slaving away to please Ms. Smith all this time.

1:16 PM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

Here's what happened to the mohawk: Daughter Number 2 wants to get a job. As of right now, her hair is dyed black.

As for Ms. Smith, I tossed her overboard (well, in my mind, anyway).

2:05 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

What a beautiful family Mr. Schprock. I get the feeling that DN2 must be a real crack up, too!

Me and my friend snuck onto a few of the Love Boat ocean liners as kids in Alaska. But always it was the same thing once we were on the deck: now what?

5:13 AM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

"But always it was the same thing once we were on the deck: now what?"

You eat!

And eat and eat and eat.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Tony Gasbarro said...

Comment 1: In "Mr. and Mrs. Schprock on New Year's Eve," I daresay Mr. Schprock looks a little crocked!

Comment 2: A client of ours had one of their annual meetings on a chartered HollandAmerica cruise ship to the Carribbean. Where their meetings are normally three days long, meaning five days of work, this cruise was 8 days. To make matters worse, the client announced on the first day at sea that the company had purchased the full open bar package, so drinks were free FOR EIGHT DAYS. And our contact made it a point to tell us on the meeting crew to help ourselves!

On one of those days I decided to see what it's like to live as a drunk for a day. So from 11 am when the first bar opened, until I could no longer keep my eyes open at 9:30 that night, I constantly had a drink in my hand, to an average of about 1-1/2 to 2 per hour, pausing to eat and breathe...oh...and work!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Hey! I've stood in that same spot at Key West! I'm so moving to Boston and living near you just so I can hang out with DN2.

I was thinking the same thing as Farrago re: NYE pic. You look like you have been having quite a good time.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home