Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Housekeeping Notes

I finally updated my links! That and organizing my sock drawer are the two chores I always seem put off. I have added new links and I’m now listing all of them alphabetically and by blogger name, instead of site name. Please check them all out if you’re new to this site. Hell, even if you’re not new to the site, check them out anyway.

At the bottom of the list is a downloadable PDF of a story I wrote a few months back entitled Finding Susie Beans: An Oliver Grendall Adventure. Shortly after starting this blog I found myself casting about for material and decided to write a story. It has eight chapters and takes roughly one hour to read. The main character is a pompous, yet kind-hearted cat named Oliver Grendall who solves a mystery concerning a little girl’s lost doll. The model for his character is Mr. Pickwick of The Pickwick Papers. I think it’s funny and I had a good time writing it. There is an “Internet version” of this story of course, but the PDF is slightly more cleaned-up and definitely easier to read, as you don’t need to go hunting around for all eight chapters.

That is all.

15 Comments:

Blogger NYPinTA said...

I should have done what some businesses do to be listed first in the phone book and picked a name and blog title that started with an A. Too late now. ;)

6:27 AM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

But you're number one in hearts, Nypinta. That's what counts.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Hey, that's cool, I will for sure read it, hopefully at lunch time. I've been brainstorming ideas for a novel or short story and have a few on the burner, but it's hard to get organized. I am looking forward to reading yours.

7:08 AM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

You should write stories, Scott. You have a natural gift.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I hope you're right, and thanks for that boost. You'll be one of my first proof readers.

8:22 AM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

Hey, if it wasn't for John showing me how, I wouldn't even have links.

Not that I couldn't have figured it out myself if you gave me a year.

9:33 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

I'm proud of my links and buttons. It took me a week to figure you how to do them! Then blogger added templates. *sigh* Figures.
I should put them in some kind of order, but nah.

But you're number one in hearts, Nypinta. That's what counts. Heh. I can tell your being sarcastic. :P

10:42 AM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

"'But you're number one in our hearts, Nypinta. That's what counts.' Heh. I can tell your being sarcastic. :P"

Wha…? Nypinta! I bare my soul and this is what you think? (buries face in hands) (shoulders shake uncontrollably)

10:58 AM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

(sniffles)

1:07 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Great! I'm looking forward to reading it. Can this count as my extra credit reading assignment?
Please???

1:09 PM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:15 PM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

*hands Mr. Schprock a tissue*
What? I was being self depricating! And cute!!

Are you guys ganging up on me?

I'm still going to annihialate you at chess though.

1:16 PM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

"Can this count as my extra credit reading assignment?
Please???"

Phil, there's gotta be a loophole here somewhere. Oh yes, right here where it says, "read it and I'll give you an A for the semester"!


"I'm still going to annihilate you at chess though."

See? See? What did I do, Nypinta? What did I do? (sobs) (runs out of room like a little girl)

1:54 PM  
Blogger Chloe said...

Thanks for the link, Mr. Schprock! And you should definitely send your stories and prose to publishers. Remember, the one who encouraged that gets 10% of the profit.

5:10 PM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

"Remember, the one who encouraged that gets 10% of the profit."

Ha ha! I'll keep that in mind Chloe!

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home