Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Saturday Beantown Bike Ride Slide Show Extravaganza!

Well, sorry you all have to leave so early! I sure hope it wasn’t the wife’s meatloaf, ’cause she sure makes a mighty fine one, don’t she? Can’t tempt you all with another piece of blueberry pie, can I? It’s homemade. No? Well, here, I’ll help you get your coats. They’re this way, everybody, walk down the hall with me. Here we go.

Saaaay, have I shown you all the den? I haven’t? Let’s just take a peek, shall we? Paneled it myself last week. We’ll just click on the light and — well, would you look at that! Honey, we forgot to put the slide projector away! Ha! And look, the carousel’s all loaded up and everything. We even left the screen up! If that don’t beat all!

Wait a sec, folks, I’ve got me an idea. You have a few minutes, don’t you? Why don’t we all have a looksee at what the missus put in the projector? I mean, look at all these chairs we accidentally set out. No use wasting ’em, right? Come on, Ed and Barbara, you sit over there. Hank, quit standing in the doorway and grab yourself a front row seat. Attaboy. George, Susie, come on in, sit down. Just a minute, that’s all. Honey! How ’bout bringing us in some Cokes!

Okay, now we’ll just shut off the lights and turn ’er on and — click!


Would you look at this? That’s me and the missus last Saturday, posing with Big Blue, our tandem bike! Sure was mighty fine weather last Saturday, wasn’t it? Why I just took me one long look at the big ol’ blue sky and I said, Honeybunch, let’s take us a bike ride into Boston — and that’s just what we did! click!


Oops! Like I said, the missus loaded the slides. Heh, heh! (extracts, drops slide on floor) (fumbles, reinserts slide)



There we go! This here is the Haymarket! It’s pretty famous you know. You can get great deals on fresh produce. And you should get a load of those vendors. They’re pretty colorful, if you know what I mean. The missus had to cover her ears a few times, didn’t you, Honey? Ha! click!


And this here is part of Faneuil Hall Marketplace, right near the Haymarket. A shopper’s dee-light, with lots of pushcarts. The tourists just go crazy there! click!


You know who that guy is? Why that’s Red Auerbach, legendary coach of the Boston Celtics. And right near Red is… click!


…Larry Bird’s sneakers, all bronzed up! Check ’em out! click!


Here’s a jazz band playing. What a set of pipes that guy had! Remember him, Honey? click!


Radio Disney had a show on for the kiddies that day. Ed, your little Junie would have liked this. There’s Bozo. Say, looks like Mister Ringmaster upped his food allowance, don’t it, huh? Ha ha! click!


You can’t walk more than 50 feet without seeing a Duck Tour boat. We’re taking Cousin Ernestine on one next week. click!


Here’s the Hatch Shell, where the famous Boston Pops play on the Fourth of July. Dang, you sure can’t get anywheres near it on the Fourth. click!


And, if you turn right around, there’s the two tallest buildings in Boston, the John Hancock on the left and the Prudential on the right. click!


Now everybody’s heard of Harvard Yard, right? Well, here it is! Man, just standing there made me feel smarter! click!


And here’s John Harvard himself! click!


Finally, here’s one of my favorite things, watching the street chess players play in Harvard Square. See that guy with the hat? That’s the Chess Master. He’s been around since God wore kneepants!

Well, that’s it. Hope you all enjoyed the show. Your coats? Why sure, we’ll get you your coats. No sense being in such an all-fired hurry. Right this way. Come on folks.

Saaaay, have you all seen my model train set?

16 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

One of these days I'm going to pass you on the street and say, "That guy looks familiar..."

Clever presentation Schprock!

12:30 PM  
Blogger fakies said...

"Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer true..."

Great showing!

12:43 PM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

This is an open imvitation to come visit Boston! I'll let everyone take a turn on Big Blue!

12:49 PM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

Only if you can't get Mrs. Henry to ride with you. The advantage of having Mrs. Schprock along is that she can tell you where to go . . . like she has been with me all these years!

1:16 PM  
Blogger John said...

"One of these days I'm going to pass you on the street and say, "That guy looks familiar.."

I could have swarn I saw you the other day, but it turned out to be a W.B. Mason truck.

2:13 PM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

I love Boston. Even went on a Duck Tour.
Honestly, I've never had a bad time in any part of Massachusetts.

2:19 PM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

"I love Boston. Even went on a Duck Tour."

What about a Red Sox game? Didja do that? Huh? Huh?

Come on back, Nypinta. We'll fix you up with Johnny Damon!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Great shots! I love Boston!!!

2:47 PM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

"Great shots! I love Boston!!!"

Thanks Sheri! I think it's a great city.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Mr. Schprock, I really love your posts. I always feel so entertained and so sucked in. You just have a gentle warming sensation about you. Not to be confused with the new K-Y gel. =)

I loved your tour. That's my favorite large city!

5:17 AM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

"I loved your tour. That's my favorite large city!"

Thanks, Knitter. Although compared to NYC or LA, Boston is a small town!

5:35 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

Come on back, Nypinta. We'll fix you up with Johnny Damon!

Ha. If you had said Matt Damon... ;)
No Sox game. I went to the Museum for a David Hockney exhibit.Then wandered around by Trinity Square (if that is what it is called). The second time I down around by the Aquarium. And the third was for Cirque du Solei (which I am sure I didn't spell right.)

8:27 AM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

"No Sox game."

If, by any chance, you go to a Sox-Yankees games at Fenway, you'll find there are as many cheering for the Yankees as there are for the Sox. One time the Sox were getting drubbed bad and I had a whole bunch of Yankees fans around me to make me feel so much better about it.

9:46 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

One time the Sox were getting drubbed bad and I had a whole bunch of Yankees fans around me to make me feel so much better about it

We're good like that. :D

7:13 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I watched the Rock Star episodes that I Tivo'd last night. I know what you mean about Jordis. She is a much better singer that she showed, and it seemed to me that her success from the week before went to her head a little. I don't know if you saw wednesdays show, but Brandon was eliminated. My wife and I are rooting for Suzy, who for some reason makes the bottom three once in a while, but she is incredible. The bottom three have to sing an INXS song, and she did Bitter Tears and tore it up. I don't know why people don't see it, and neither does the band. Jessica was in the bottom three too, and once again pulled through with a good performance, but she pales next to Suzy. I see Mig, Suzy and Jordis battling it out in the end.

Ok, I'm a FREAK, totally hooked.

8:19 AM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

I didn't see Wednesday's, but I have to admit it's a fun show to watch. I find myself biased toward the women. I'll probably watch it again next week.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home