Friday, August 26, 2005

Schprock Takes a Holiday

Well folks, I’m outta here. Me ’n’ the missus are heading off to beautiful Martha’s Vineyard for a week, where a friend of ours has kindly allowed us the use of his house. Our daughters don’t want to go, so it’s just the two of us. Daughter Number 1 will drive us down to Woods Hole where we’ll pick up the ferry. Transportation for the week will be Big Blue, our tandem bike. And for once I won’t have to work late the day before vacation to finish up on things — I’m all caught up! Huzzah!

Hopefully, I’ll remain somewhat in touch with all my blogger friends: we’re taking our old World War II era Mac Powerbook with us. It’s one of those ones you have to hand-crank in order to generate power. Legend has it that this was the very Powerbook Eisenhower used to plot out D-Day. And we’ll have to use dial-up of course, just like my father did, and his father before him. Yep, there’ll be a certain amount of roughing it, but it adds to the charm I think.

9 Comments:

Blogger NYPinTA said...

Have fun!!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Man that sounds like a great vacation. A lot of people don't know this, but the Powerbook was instrumental in breaking the German Enigma Code. Could it be the same one? If so, I think it highly irresponsible of you to flaunt it so cavlierly. It should be in a museum dammit!

9:16 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

Have a great time!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Sounds like fun. Have a geat time!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Chloe said...

I'll miss your fantastic posts. Have a great time!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

No computer in the house you are staying at? Have a good time and enjoy the time alone with your wife.

8:38 PM  
Blogger That dude Paul said...

Hope y'all have a great weekend. See ya on the other end of it... Peace

7:10 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Just the two of you? Sounds great! Have a ball!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

This reminds me of a Computer Game my brother and I were proposing - much like "Cilization", in this game you are given a large rock and you must first create a computer and then devise the game and then play it. Needless to say, none of the major companies decided to pick our lil' game up.

Darn-it-all

Funny - Ben O.

http://everyothernamehasbeentaken.blogspot.com/

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home